Democra respects, and is committed to protecting, your privacy and will only process your personal information in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended), the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (2001), the EU Directive on Data Protection (1998), the EU Directive on the Protection of Personal Data (2006), as well as similar legislation in other countries and any other privacy legislation in force from time to time, including the ‘Safe Harbor’ Privacy Framework.
Democra does not sell, rent or loan any information that identifies you to any third party without your consent. The personal information you give to us may be shared within Democra and we may use reputable partners, suppliers or agencies to process your personal information on our behalf: but we will only do so where Democra’s strict instructions on the processing of data and security are met.
Democra would like to share your information with any new businesses that it may develop in the future, either on its own or with others. This website will be updated should we develop joint ventures or companies going forward.
Any information you give to Democra is held with the utmost care and security.
What information we collect
When you visit our Website we collect two types of information:
1. Personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address as provided by you when you complete a webform.
2. Information such as your computer’s IP address and anonymous information collected from cookies when you are browsing our website to help us understand how to improve our website and services to you.
How we will use the information
The information collected will be used only by Democra, its affiliates and suppliers, to assist with the purpose of researching you and your organisation, usually prior to making contact. We will not share your information with anyone else.
We will process the data we hold about you lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Links to other websites
For UK and EEA visitors
The Data Controller is Democra. We process your data under the lawful basis of legitimate interest. At any point you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information held about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data held about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have processed or handled your data then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK or the relevant supervisory body in your country. The contact details for the ICO are:
If you have any questions about the data held please contact Democra via the contact information on this website.